Montgrove College, a school of The PARED Foundation (Parents for Education) is characterised by many features.
* The system of education is personalised, seeking to integrate the pursuit of academic excellence, the acquisition of skills and the development of the student's character.
* Montgrove College is a family school, where the educational rights of the family come first. The school has the dual role of providing for the overall development of the students as well as assisting parents to be more effective educators of their children.
* The Personalised Tutorial System, pioneered in Australia by PARED, ensures that each child is encouraged to become the best person he or she can be. It facilitates the partnership between parents and school to ensure the children receive a holistic and efficacious education.
The personalised system of education at Montgrove College is based on a number of principles.
* The education of children is primarily the responsibility of parents and is determined to a great extent by the personal example of the parents themselves.
* The student of Montgrove College benefit most when there is harmony between the two major learning environments of home and school; therefore, parents and teachers should try to grow in the qualities they wish the students to acquire.
* Teachers are vital partners with parents in a common endeavour. The basis of this partnership is a loyal and mutual understanding of each others' complementary roles.
* Parents and teachers of Montgrove College who are striving for excellence need ongoing professional input as educators.
* The student's behaviour should be the consequence of personal convictions, acquired in a climate that balances discipline and freedom as the basis for an authentic sense of responsibility.
The Personalised Tutorial System at Montgrove College is the most distinctive means to reinforce the work of parents.
Students at Montgrove College are assigned an individual tutor who is a member of the school teaching staff. The tutor meets regularly with the student, with the student's teachers, and with the parents. In this way parents, teachers and students co-operate in effective goal setting.
This tutor assists each student's academic progress and character development.
The tutor's rapport and friendship with the student and family are fundamental to the educational process.
Apart from formal parent-tutor interviews, the tutor is available to talk with parents whenever necessary. The parent-tutor relationship is a natural means to ensure that home and school work together effectively.
Parental involvement with Montgrove College signifies the willingness of parents to take advantage of the means which the College offers to assist them in their task as primary educators of their children.
An ongoing programme of parent functions which includes talks, workshops and family education courses at Montgrove College, provides parents with the opportunity for personal enrichment and development.
Montgrove College has a network of Class Parents who foster friendship and unity amongst the parents of the individual classes.
Families of all religious, social and cultural backgrounds attend Montgrove. The family environment of the school, built on shared ideals and values, helps forge bonds of friendship which provide parents, teachers and students with positive and supportive peer groups.
The emphasis placed on character development at is a major feature of Montgrove College. An ongoing Human Virtues Programme fosters the development of qualities such as sincerity, industriousness, order, cheerfulness, generosity and service to others. This aspect of the education offered is the basis for fostering the full development of the student's character.
The leadership and community service programs at Montgrove College complement the focus of character education. This is based on the conviction that leaders must be persons of integrity, with a genuine commitment to serve others.
Montgrove College offers students a solid grounding in the Catholic faith as the basis for a simple and deep love of God. Students are encouraged to live their faith with a genuine spirit of freedom and commitment. The College emphasises the primary role that parents play in their children's spiritual development.
The chaplains of Montgrove College are priests of Opus Dei, a personal Prelature of the Catholic Church whose aim is to assist all people to live the universal call to holiness.