Monivae College is a Catholic co-educational secondary day and boarding College in the tradition of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart. With its present enrolment of 641 students, the college has grown remarkably since its inception in 1954. It now proudly boasts outstanding facilities including a modern library and information centre, up to date information technology and private study resources, refurbished boarding accommodation and spacious landscaped grounds.
The college offers a very broad and innovative curriculum ensuring students have access to cutting edge educational resources. Monivae ‘gives every child a chance’ through strong student involvement in a vast array of sporting activities, choir and theatre productions and also the Australian Army Cadets program.
Monivae has initiated an extra tuition opportunity for students. The Day Boarders scheme allows day students to avail themselves of the supervised study program, tutorials and assistance provided for the residential boarders.
The college’s student wellbeing program and school motto “Fotes in Fide- Strong in Faith” is incorporated into and supported by a ministry team in the spirit of the MSC ethos and vision, which sees MSC schools recognise the importance of balanced human development and strive to help young people to achieve their full potential in all areas of life, and to be ready to show initiative in parish, religious and civic life.
Monivae provides a friendly, safe residence that meets students' academic, spiritual, physical and cultural needs.
• Develops confidence
• Provides the opportunity to mix and relate with others
• Enables students to understand diversity by living and communicating with people from different cultural, social and family backgrounds
• Provides an opportunity to appreciate one's own family and the individual self.
Whilst boarding you 'make friends for life'.
One of the greatest features of the Monivae College grounds is the wonderful space so important for stretching teenage legs. The surrounds give a sense of peace and contentment that can only be achieved in a spacious rural setting with a view of the Grampians.
The school also has state of the art facilities that support the academic and extra curricular activities of students.
• The whole school is IT networked
• New State of the Art facilities have been built and a strong arts curriculum thrives within the school
• Digital laboratories that service the arts subjects by providing research, internet access and specialist programs for digital drawing, photo production, film and music editing, web site creation and audio learning
• Classrooms are heated and air-conditioned
• Performing Arts Centre
• Resource Centre, including library, computer labs and private study areas
• Equestrian and cadet training areas
• Extensive sporting grounds, swimming pool and sports stadiums that cater for basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis, equestrian, football, netball, archery, swimming, athletics, cadet activities and more.
• Specialist vocational technology centre for woodwork, metal work, home economics, visual communication.